Works that cite my work:
- Alexander, Neal. 2015. “What’s more general than a whole population?” Emerging Themes in Epidemiology. 12:11.
- Telbisz, Tamás; Bottlik, Zsolt, Mari, László, and Kőszegi, Margit. 2014. “The impact of topography on social factors, a case study of Montenegro.” Journal of Mountain Science. Feb., Vol. 11, Issue 1, pp 131-141.
- Gonzalo Trigo, Luis. 2015. “El debate sobre la noción de Path Dependence y su conciliación en un modelo dinámico de análisis institucional” (The debate on the concept of Path Dependence and its reconciliation with a dynamic model of institutional analysis). Revista Chilena de Derecho y Ciencia Política. Vol 6, No. 1, pp. 81-107.
- Dell, George, 2014. “Comments on ‘Common Statistical Errors and Mistakes: Valuation and Reliability’.” The Appraisal Journal, Spring 2014 172-179. Link
- Fernández Méndez, Pablo. 2014 “Facilitating transitions towards adaptive governance and management in estuarine socio-ecosystems: Institutional analysis and action research in the Doñana region.” Doctoral Thesis (Biology), University of the Balearic Islands. Link
- Fekadu K., 2014 “The paradox in environmental determinism and possibilism: A literature review” Journal of Geography and Regional Planning. Vol.7(7), pp. 132-139. Link
- Tallack, Alicia, 2014. “Exploring the Environment-Development Continuum: Examining an Integrated Approach Through a Case Study of Two Villages in Tamil Nadu, India”. Master's Thesis, School for International Studies, Simon Fraser University. Link (PDF)
- Pop, Dana. 2014. “Analysing Architectural Determinism – the Physical Environment as a Mnemonic Device.” Philobiblon: Transylvanian Journal of Multidisciplinary Research in Humanities. Vol. XIX, No. 1. Pp. 162-172
- Millington, James D.A., Wainwright, John and Mulligan Mark, 2013. “Representing Human Decision-Making in Environmental Modelling,” pp. 291 – 307, Environmental Modelling: Finding Simplicity in Complexity, Edited by John Wainwright and Mark Mulligan. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Akpabio, Emmanuel M. and Brown, Aniekan S., 2012. “The Reality and Tough Choices about Water and Sanitation in Nigeria’s Coastal Settlements: a Preliminary Discussion”, Nordic Journal of African Studies 21(4): 164–182 (2012). Link
- Does wealth entirely depend on inclusive institutions and pluralist politics? Peer Vries, University of Vienna, July 2012.
A review of: Daron Acemoglu and James A. Robinson, Why nations fail. The origins of power, prosperity and poverty Profile Books (London 2012). Working Papers in Technology Governance and Economic Dynamics no. 43. Forthcoming in TSEG - Tijdschrift voor Sociale en Economische Geschiedenis.
- Gates, Donald and Peter Steane. 2009. Altruism - an alternative value in policy formation and decision making. International Journal of Social Economics. 36(10): 962-978. Link
- Demeritt, David. 2009. From externality
to inputs and interference: Framing environmental research in
geography. Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers.
34(1): 3-11. Link
- My 2001 M.A. thesis (UNC-Chapel Hill/Università degli Studi di Siena, Italy) on effects of urbanization and competitive advantage on long-term development was cited as an important influence on a later similar work dealing with an earlier time period. Algaze, Guillermo, 2008. Ancient Mesopotamia at the Dawn of Civilization: The Evolution of an Urban Landscape. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, p.
of Chicago Press Link "Guillermo Algaze draws on the work of modern economic geographers to explore how the unique river-based ecology and geography of the Tigris-Euphrates alluvium impacted the development of urban civilization in southern Mesopotamia." MacArthur
Fellowship ('Genius Award')
- My work on the problem of contingency in the social sciences was recently cited in the article 'Where Do We Go From Here? Jubilee Report on History and Theory' in the 2010 theme issue of History and Theory ('The Next Fifty Years'). Link